"Westlands Primary School is a creative learning environment where all children are supported to aim high and achieve their best."
We set high expectations of attendance, punctuality, behaviour and uniform as we believe this is the very first step in being ready to learn. Children are set ambitious, but realistic, academic targets and supported as much as possible to reach them. Our children tell us they love to learn and enjoy a challenge.
We believe all children have the right to the best possible education in order have the greatest life chances when they are older. We are an inclusive school and will work with parents, carers & other agencies to remove any and all obstacles in the way of a child reaching their true potential.
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
- To narrow the gap between boys’ and girls’ attainment.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.