It is our School Policy that all children wear school uniform which:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- develops a sense of community and belonging to the school
- is practical and looks smart
- makes children feel equal to others in terms of appearance
- is regarded as suitable clothing for school
- is considered by parents as good value for money
- is designed with health and safety in mind
Autumn/Spring Uniform Required Items
Summer Uniform Required Items
Years 1 – 6
- Navy blue shorts
- Community coloured t-shirts (school logo shirt is optional)
- Red t-shirt - Mountain Community
- Blue t-shirt - River Community
- Green t-shirt - Mountain Community
- Yellow t-shirt - Coast Community
- Plain navy or black tracksuit (school logo tracksuit is optional)
- Black or white plimsolls for indoor PE
- Black or white trainers for outdoor PE
Year R do not require a PE kit
- One-piece costume
- Swimming hat
- Goggles if required
- No jewellery other than small stud earrings. Jewellery is a safety hazard in physical education and at playtimes. The wearing of jewellery is therefore not appropriate and not allowed. In the case of earrings, only stud earrings should be worn to school and must be removed for PE and swimming.
- Wrist watches are also permitted but not smart watches
- No make-up
- No nail varnish, or false nails
- No mobile phones. If, in exceptional circumstances, a phone has been brought into school it must be handed to the class teacher for safe keeping during the school day, a parent must fill out a consent form for this. (The Westlands Primary School will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage of mobile phones brought in to school
- Hair and hairstyles can link to pupils’ cultural heritage and Westlands Primary School does not discriminate against this. Long hair should be tied up/back for PE lessons - this is for health and safety reasons. Hair accessories, including bows and headbands should try and follow the school colours (black, white, red or navy. Hair should not be dyed away from natural hair colour.
Westlands Primary School will consider reasonable requests for flexibility in the uniform policy for an individual pupil to accommodate their religion or belief, ethnicity, disability or other special circumstances.
At Westlands Primary School we have a pop up shop that is run by school staff once a term to sell second hand school uniforms. All items are £1 each.
If you need support before this is available, our FLO is able to help in our Family Thrive Hub.
Responsibility for pupil's personal property
Swale Academies Trust does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to the personal property of pupils. Marking each garment of clothing with the child’s name is therefore of the greatest importance and we request that all property brought to school is marked.
Children will be regularly reminded of their responsibility to look after clothes and property. However, at times, things are mislaid and if they are labelled they may be easily returned to their owners. Items of clothing, which have been handed in as lost property, and which are not marked with the owner's name, are kept in the school office.
All items of clothing should be clearly marked with the child's name including socks. These will be checked by staff periodically. If the uniform is found unnamed - staff will name it!
You can purchase school uniform from the following shops -
5 West Street
ME10 1AA 01795 431334
Forsters School Outfitters 17/19 East Street Sittingbourne
Kent ME10 4BQ
You can also purchase any plain school uniform with no logo from any supermarket or Marks and Spencers.